Saturday 5 July 2014

Exercise...is it important?...YES!!!




  
LET EXERCISE BE YOUR STRESS RELIEVER, NOT FOOD!



Suddenly there seems to be a hype for keeping fit..why???

There are many different reasons people want to exercise... For some, it may be to look good - have a muscular body/beach body. For others it could be to be healthy, relieve stress or even just an activity as a hobby.

Personally, I have always loved the idea of exercising, doing some sort of sport just as a thing on the side. However, I could never keep up with it. Life always got in the way, something or another always seemed to take priority over exercise. Sometimes, I've got to admit, it was pure laziness on my part.

Now, as I am starting a new chapter in my life, I am trying to stay on top of my game when it comes to staying fit. I have to admit, I haven't stuck with the schedule, but I adapt and make sure that on the days I am supposed to have a 'rest day' I exercise to make up for the day I didn't.  I am following a fitness plan that was part of an exercise DVD. It is a 30 day plan for abs. Perfect for the summer.

The reason I had chosen that particular DVD was because I decided I want to start with a particular problem area. I definitely feel I need some attention in that area in particular. Its a great way to have a target. Something to measure change. It may help with motivation.

Other than the belly issue, there are other reasons I want to stick this out. Here's the main part, why exercise is important and what makes me want to keep at it;

  1. STRESS RELIEVER - your body produces a chemical known as endorphins. This helps ward off any anxiety, stress, tiredness. It gives you energy yet at the same time helps promote a good nights sleep (which is very important to help you recover from everything).
  2. GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP
  3. REDUCES ANXIETY/DEPRESSION
  4. STRENGTHEN MUSCLES - which is good especially if you have a certain body part that may be hurting. Your muscle in that part may need to be strengthened to prevent pain/injury occurring. e.g. back pain can be reduced by strengthening back muscle.
  5.  IMPROVE HEALTH - reduces blood pressure, strengtheners heart (a muscle), helps with diabetes, boosts your immune system (to help fight infection etc), improve joint function, improves posture, etc
  6. ANTI-AGING - better oxygen flow helps improve skin tone
There are so many reasons why exercise is good for you and why even just keeping active, walking more or taking up an activity will help just IMPROVE THE OVERALL QUALITY OF YOUR LIFE.   Go for it, try something new. it doesn't have to be gym, or home DVDs. Go join a yoga class, a karate class, do swimming, tennis, learn a new sport, just do whatever you ENJOY.

If you would like to know more about my routine, how I stay on top of my game, and foods I eat, leave me a comment below or tweet me @livehealthyfun


....have a healthy fun life!






No comments:

Post a Comment